There are so many dating sites out there and being a woman that doesn't do things by halves I have tried a lot of them, I've also spoken to friends and clients, some of whom have told me the sweetest stories about meeting their wonderful other halves online and so today, here and now are my recommendations for the 10 best dating sites in the UK.
- Match This is probably the biggest site in the UK, it's going to cost you around £29.99 a month but if you find true love that's nothing, right?
- Eharmony I've heard such good things about Eharmony, clients and friends who've met on there and gone on to marry say it's the best site out there, worth investigating if you are 40+ like me too!
- Elite Singles This is intelligent matchmaking for professional people, it's a little more expensive but at least you know that everyone you view will be educated and working in a professional job. I'm looking at this one for the future.
- Tinder one of the biggest free dating sites and definitely the easiest to set up, just swipe right to match and swipe left to put them in the bin!
- Plenty of Fish Another huge hitter in the free dating, it used to be less restrictive in terms of what you could do with a free subscription but it's actually one of the cheaper paid subscriptions, I did try this one and met one or two people, still no signs of a spark or indeed true love though.
- Match Affinity This one is all about algorithms, I've given it a go but at £45 a month I'll have to be sure that it does indeed work, however, a friend yesterday said she met her beau on Match Affinity and they're so happy and have been together for ages and that's a great recommendation!
- Guardian Soulmates If you are super serious about finding someone deep and creative this is probably the website for you and I think it's possibly the site I need to be on, lots of arty creative philosophical men just waiting to find their other half ala, Plato.
- Zoosk This one is a Facebook-based site and so super easy to set up however if you want to do anything on this site you'll need to stump up the membership fee first.
- Bumble App based and only the women are allowed to message first, I love this app, I actually met someone lovely who was a property developer, unfortunately it was around the same time I chose Mr France but I'm contemplating a return to this app, the best thing is that it's a smaller site so cheaper membership fees.
- My Single Friend This site was set up by Sarah Beany, the idea is that your friends know you better than anyone and they could successfully choose your partners for you, I would absolutely let me friends choose someone for me, I think this is a great idea!
Of course, there are many many dating sites out there, whether you are looking for someone later in life or you are a dog owner or like the outdoors, there's even one if you love beards! I think once you get to 40+ it can be a tricky proposition to meet someone when you are in pubs and clubs, we are all so increasingly busy in our lives and we might not have careers where we can meet people of the opposite sex, in my job I come across very few men, all of the events I go to tend to be female based so I'd have no problem joining all of these sites, however, I think what you have to do is commit to one of the more serious sites like Match or Eharmony, whichever you decide to join I hope you find true love and if you have any recommendations for sites I might have missed then please do leave a comment for me.
Disclaimer - I use Affiliate links to facilitate feeding my family.