It's nearly the end of term, the summer holidays are almost within touching distance and kids everywhere are looking for the perfect gift to give their teachers to say thank you, it may be that they're just going up a year or that they're moving school but if you are buying for more than 1 teacher it can become prohibitively expensive, it cost me an absolute fortune when Looby left her primary school last year, we didn't begrudge those gifts one bit though as we'd been parents at the school for 15 years, I think I may have cried more than Looby saying goodbye to all of the wonderful staff who'd been such a big part of our lives. Now being the canny shopper that I am I've put together a quick gift guide for you with 8 of my favourite gifts for teachers and support staff at schools that won't break the bank.
- This Teacher Jolly Ginger Biscuit card from Biscuiteers is only £6, plus it's a card and a yummy biscuit so both money saving and totally tasty!
- The You Are Wonderful Teacher print from Not On The High Street is only £8 and it's personalised, so in a world where teachers get a bazillion boxes of chocolates why not be the one to get something completely different?!
- I love this wooden flower and tag, something which will last forever and only £12.50, the tag is personalised too.
- If it does have to be chocolate then make sure it's good chocolate, Hotel Chocolat have a great selection with some starting at only £1.95
- If you are going to buy flowers then make them local, I love the flowers from Diana Kaye at Fenwick in Newcastle, they are always so fresh and colourful and they often sell little posies for less than five pounds.
- Ok, so the male teachers are a little harder but I managed to find these socks on Ebay for only £3 and they're available in both teacher and assistant teacher design, they're also personalised! For £3, bargain!
- I love this little thank you for being my first teacher plaque, it's only £3.49 on Amazon and it's really a very sweet little gift.
- Finally, this voice recording mug is the ultimate quirky and lovely present, you can record your own message guaranteed to make teacher feel all warm and loved every time they have a cuppa, and it's only £9.99
So there you go, it is possible to find great unique gifts for special teachers, why not let the kids choose which gifts they want to buy?!
I use affiliate marketing to facilitate the feeding of my children, Holly Bobbins and my cats but I put together this gift guide to make your life easier.