Choosing your wedding venue is probably one of the most important choices you'll make as a bride along with of course choosing that all important wedding dress and also your wedding photographer because get all three of those things right and you're a long way closer to having that perfect wedding day you've always dreamed of.
As a wedding photographer in the north of England I am lucky enough to have shot weddings at many wonderful venues in Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Northumberland and Cumbria as well as one or two others around the UK.
In making this list I'm choosing places which have treated the bride and groom in a manner which they should be treat as well as being nice to the various vendors and also the guests, I'm also going with places which obviously look gorgeous photographically.
So here's some of my favourites, all of which I've photographed at sometime over the last 12 months.
Although I am numbering these it's only for ease of reading, I can't put them in actual order as it's just too hard!
1. Linden Hall, there's nothing bad at all I can say about Linden Hall, I even know that they're getting new stair carpets this year for the entrance to the little upstairs room, thats the cute one with the fairy lights. Linden Hall is beautiful, memorable, the food is amazing and the staff are wonderfully polite and cheerful.
2. Guisborough Hall Hotel, I've not shot here but I stayed with hubby for a romantic getaway and I know it's going to be a fabulous venue to get married. The food was amazing and the staff really looked after us.
Gisborough Hall Hotel, very posh but lovely for a wedding!!" href="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=727399&id=753857163">
3. Headlam Hall, gosh this place has so many amazing places to take photographs, the staff are wonderful, I haven't eaten here but the catering looks fantastic, I plan to take hubby here for a romantic getaway sometime this year.
4. Sunderland, Stadium of Light. If you are a football fan I have to recommend the Stadium of Light, the function room is gorgeous, the food, some of the best I ever ate and actually that 2 foot ledge accross the car park provided wonderful romantic photographs!
5. Newcastle St Nicholas Cathedral, ok so not everyone can get married here, I don't even know what the conditions are but what I do know is that the Canon is a wonderful person, the venue is probably about the most awe inspiring ever and if you can get married here it's going to be a day that you never ever forget.
Especially if the Choir are singing
Ok so thats a brief list, there are many more wonderful venues such as Close House, Jesmond Dene House Hotel, Matfen Hall, Otterburn Hall all as individual as each other, wherever you decide to have your special day have a wonderful wedding!